Friday, November 21, 2008

The 70's, Kroger, and iTunes

Since I am taking a little break from training right now and I have a sweet job where I get 3 days off every other week, I offered to do the grocery shopping this week. Now normally grocery shopping may not seem like such a big deal, but we do our shopping about every two to three weeks so it's a big purchase and my wife is the Coupon Queen (which is great at the checkout, but not so much when you are looking for things on the shelf).

So I casually stroll into our neighborhood Kroger (where luckily there is a Starbucks or I might not have made it through), grab a cart and off we go. After 15 minutes in the Produce section looking for baby carrots, I gave up and moved on to the deli. I noticed when I walked in that an old Supertramp song was playing (Take the Long Way Home), now as the lady was cutting my sandwich meat I hear, "Brandy, your a fine girl (such a fine girl), what a good wife you would be (such a fine girl) but my life, my love, and my lady is the sea (do do do do do)". Naturally this song is now hoplessly stuck in my head and I have found the only way to get it out is to download the song from iTunes.....there goes $0.99 down the drain!

This whole incident got me to thinking....there were some really good songs during that era that were Non Disco. Hmmm, maybe I will go retro on the Ipod for awhile. Suggestions? Leave them in the comments (if anyone other than Heather is actually reading anything that I write! :) )

1 comment:

Heather said...

My 70s song knowledge is limited, unfortunately - so I'm no help! :)