Friday, November 14, 2008

End of the Season

Well it's the end of tri season and I am glad and bummed at the same time. It has been a great year, I PR'd just about every race this season (which is really surprising considering a) this is my 7th tri season and b) I am old),as well as managing to qualify for the Ironman 70.3 World Championships I also furthered my education by attending the USAT Level II clinic in April.

2008 was a great year for my athletes as well. Many, many PR's were set, races were won or placed at, and a few first time finishers at different distances.

Overall I give this year an A!

Now it's time to move on and set new goals for 2009. I think that I am going to concentrate on doing well at Duathlon Nationals in April and hopfully making Team USA for the Duathlon Worlds in Septemeber. Throw in some local races and a couple of mainstays on the schedule (Gulf Coast and the ING Half) and next season has a decidedly local flavor.

Tentative 2009 Schedule
Resolution Run 10k 1/1/09
Red Top Rumble Trail Run 2/8/09
Tundra Time Trial
Alpharetta Half Marathon
ING Half Marathon
Duathlon Nationals
Gulf Coast Half Ironman
West Point Olympic
Cardinal Harbor Half Ironman
Duathon Worlds
Augusta 70.3 (maybe)
Ironman 70.3 World Championships (maybe)

Yikes 4 Half Ironman races in a year may be a bit much....Augusta and by extension Clearwater may be on the chopping block..hmmm...decisions,decisions.

1 comment:

Nat said...

I always think about doing the revolution run but I am too hungover and don't want to have crappy 10k time because of it.