Monday, January 26, 2009

Random Stuff

Just some random stuff to keep both of you who regularly read entertained.

January has been an amazing training month so far. If I hit all my workouts this week I should be somewhere around 370-400 miles on the bike, 100 + miles running, and around 30,000 yards in the pool (even though I swim in a meter pool now). For comparison purposes, my peak monthly totals for last year were: 22,000 yds (three months), 428 miles on the bike (March), and 103 miles running (September). This leads me to believe that I haven't been training hard enough in the past. Hopefully I can stay healthy and keep this pace up all year.

In other news....did you know that you can lose weight without dieting or exercise? It's true! I heard it on the radio and read it on the interwebs. WAKE UP AMERICA!!! Write this down...you will NEVER, EVER acheive proper health and lasting weight loss without some form of exercise. There is no magic potion, pill, or wand that is going to magically make you svelte and healthy. All of these fad diets are not going to work, you may lose weight initially, but eventually you will gain the weight back and in most cases more. Exercise people, get moving!! 30 minutes, 3 times a week, make time!!

1 comment:

C.C. said...

The trick is going to be keeping up that volume without getting injured or burned out... are you up to the challenge?